Sunday, October 12, 2014

Implications and Teaching Opportunities for Camera Use in Teaching and Learning.

Part A

Technology is growing and we have all learned that from Dr.Strange and we know that it is being used in the classroom. With that being said a smartphone is part of technology and not only 18-24's are depending on them. Children much younger than that have the access to smartphones and know how to use them. I teach a two year old class and some of my students know how to unlock my phone and get to the camera. It amazes me how technology is making a change in everyones life.
As far as smartphones in schools I personally don't like the thought of that. Only because it would be hard to keep an eye on what they are doing. I think it is crazy that 68% said they would rather use their smartphone rather than a laptop. It shows you how much you can do on your smartphone now without having to use their laptop. I think it is great to have a smartphone and learn more about technology but I think these statistics are crazy. You shouldn't be so attached to a phone.

Part B

I love the idea of using a smartphone camera in the classroom to do projects.
Students using iPads in classroom.
Some of the ideas I have with using a smartphone camera...
1.Taking a photo to put in a book trailer in iMovie.
2.Let the students record themselves and see if they need to fix anything.
3.Using the camera to record their "team" doing a skit.
4.If an apple product they can make iMovies.
These are just a few of the things that we can use smartphones for in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment